Adopted: March 17, 1994
- December 20, 1995
- June 19, 1997
- March 18, 1999
OWLSnet, the shared automation network operated by OWLS, shall make a borrowers' card available to any member library that desires to issue OWLSnet cards and agrees to the guidelines below.
- Participation in the OWLSnet Borrowers' Card Program is open to any OWLSnet member on a voluntary basis. Libraries not participating in this program may issue their own borrowers' cards.
- OWLSnet borrowers' cards will be supplied by OWLS at no charge to libraries participating in this program.
- OWLSnet borrowers' cards shall be honored by all libraries participating in the OWLSnet automation network.
- Patrons using OWLSnet borrowers' cards shall be subject to the lending policies of any library where the card is used.
- OWLSnet borrowers' cards may be issued to any resident of, or owner of property in, the OWLS or Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS) area, i.e., residents of Brown County, Door County, Florence County, Kewaunee County, Marinette County, Menominee Reservation/County, Oconto County, Outagamie County, Shawano County, Waupaca County, the City of Appleton in Calumet County, the City of Appleton in Winnebago County.
- OWLSnet borrowers' cards may be issued to any resident of a system which has an intersystem on-site borrowing agreement in effect with OWLS or NFLS, i.e., all public library systems in Wisconsin.
- Libraries participating in this program agree to use only the standard patron statistical categories established by OWLSnet.
- Libraries participating in this program agree to use OWLSnet's standard patron registration form or to have their own patron registration forms approved by OWLS. Requests for approval of local library registration forms should be submitted in writing to OWLS Director.
- OWLSnet borrowers' cards shall be issued for three (3) year periods and shall be renewed according to the procedures established by OWLSnet.
- Libraries participating in this program agree to charge only the standard card replacement fee established by OWLSnet.
- In addition to these guidelines, OWLSnet borrowers' cards are subject to all other patron registration procedures established by OWLSnet. Participating libraries may follow any other local registration policies consistent with these guidelines and consistent with the patron registration procedures established by OWLSnet.
- Libraries participating in this program may issue a local library card to a nonresident who does not qualify for an OWLSnet card, e.g., or residents of another state. Local library nonresident cards are not required to be honored by all OWLSnet member libraries.