Appleton Public Library, Meeting Room C, Directions and Parking
Robin Jones of the Great Lakes ADA Center will provide an overview of The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its implications for public libraries.
- The ADA – who and what does it cover?
- Customer service skills and appropriate terminology to use with library patrons with disabilities
- Effective communication with patrons who have vision and hearing disabilities
- Accessible technology and how libraries can use it
- Responding to patrons with behavior related disabilities
- Hiring and accommodation of library staff with disabilities
- The basics about service animals
- Answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions by libraries
- Bring your questions or submit one below!
Lunch will be on your own in downtown Appleton.