Coffee and Conversation:
1. Call to Order and Introductions
3. Review AAC ground rules
- Welcome new library directors and staff
5. Staff Report
- New delivery tubs on display
- WPLC buying pool reconsideration
6. Vote to recommend 0% increase for 2020 budget
7. Vote to recommend adoption of NOW Consortium Bylaws (with additional conflict of interest language TK)
8. Vote to recommend adoption of NOW Consortium Grievance and Non-Compliance Policy
9. Discussion of NOW Consortium Resource Sharing Policy
10. Review of OWLS Technology and Resource Sharing Plan 2017-2020
- Please review the Goals and Objectives detailed on pages 3-7 of the PDF linked above
- Please share specific technology and resource sharing objectives you would like to see included in the next 3-year plan
11. Recommend and adopt a Print Management solution
12. Discuss book club circulation practices
- Does anyone mind if books for book clubs circulate for 6 weeks instead of 4?
- Are libraries overriding due dates for items that are past their peak in popularity?
13. Discuss Lucky Day successes and snags so far
14. Discuss developments with the NOW Consortium Cataloging Committee
- What do you need/hope to get from this merger in terms of merging catalogs?
- How would you feel about centralized cataloging (.e. no bringing in complete records yourself from SkyRiver)?
- Do your patrons care what size and format of an item they get (full-size hardcover vs. mass-market paperback)? Are they frustrated if they get something they didn’t expect even if it’s the same story or movie but different sizes or without special features, reading group guides, etc.?
- Following cataloging standards impacts the accuracy of our bibliographic database and provides a consistent outcome for patrons and staff. Will you be willing to lower our cataloging standards if to complete this merger? What are you willing to sacrifice/not willing to sacrifice?